10 Reasons why Matterport is the Best Virtual Tour for Michigan Businesses
As a Michigan Virtual Tour Provider, we help local businesses showcase their premises with 3D tours. We specialize in Matterport, an industry-leading solution for capturing and creating virtual tours. Perspective 3D has over 5 years of experience as a Matterport service provider which means we are experts in using this solution.
We’re written this article to outline the top 10 reasons why we recommend Matterport and why we believe it’s the best virtual tour for Michigan businesses.
What is a Virtual Tour?
A virtual tour is a multimedia representation of a 3D space (also called a Digital Twin) that can be viewed on a mobile, desktop, tablet, TV or VR headset (such as Oculus or Google Cardboard Viewer). The tour allows the viewer to explore a virtual reality space which represents an immersive and engaging experience vs. still photography.
Virtual Tours are used in many industries as a way to present a location to potential buyers, visitors or guests. Popular amongst real estate professionals, venues, hotels, restaurants and leisure businesses, virtual tours are a cutting edge way to engage with clients.
This topic is covered in much more detail on our recent blog post – “What is a virtual tour and why your Michigan business needs one”.
What is a Matterport Virtual Tour?
Matterport is a leader in the virtual tour industry. The California based tech company has built a 3D platform which supports high-quality proprietary cameras and uses cutting edge cloud-based software. Matterport is an alternative to other types of software such as EyeSpy360, 3D Vista, Kuula and a number of others in this space. Matterport is particularly popular in the real estate, construction/AEC and hospitality clients but is used across the globe.
How do you make a Matterport Virtual Tour?
Perspective 3D uses the Matterport Pro 2 camera to capture high-resolution images of each interior space. The time it takes to scan each building varies and can range from a few hours to over a day depending on the size of the premises. We use our experience using Matterport 3D to document every angle and corner of your space. The data collected is processed within the platform and which can then be represented as Matterport virtual tour or exported to Google Street View or as CAD/Building Information Model (BIM) data to create a 3D model or floor plan.
The virtual tour we create can easily be shared with you and your clients. This can be by embedding the tour into your own website, by providing a link via an email or by sharing the tour details on social media such as Facebook.
10 reasons why Matterport is the best virtual tour software
We’ll outline the reasons why we believe Matterport is the best solution for local business owners who want to showcase their premises.
- Immersive experience – Matterport is renowned for its eye-catching presentation of 360 images which include a stunning 3D dollhouse view and compelling slideshow walkthroughs.
- Proven tour technology – we are using a proven solution and industry leader which offers the highest levels of service and reliability to deliver engaging 360 experiences.
- Innovation – the Matterport service is being continually invested in and improved to deliver new features and extend the technology used to present virtual tour experiences.
- Marketing platform – we can embed your marketing text, images, video and contact details into your virtual to more generate leads and enquiries for your business.
- Unique features – Matterport is both a software and hardware company. The Matterport Pro 2 3D camera is a proprietary 360 device which offers an ideal mix of performance and portability.
- Efficient workflow – the web-based platform design ensures the tours can be uploaded, processed and edited quickly to be shared with clients and end-users online.
- Device-independent – our 3D virtual tours are easily viewable on desktop, tablet, mobile device or VR headsets which makes your tour more accessible and engaging as a result.
- Easy to deploy – Matterport is easy to add to your website or share with your clients or prospects via email or social media. This is an ideal way to capture the attention of prospective buyers.
- Listing enhancements – your 360 photos can be added to your Google My Business listing and Street View entry to increase the number of views and visibility of your location online.
- Flexible tool – we can update and refresh your tour if your business changes. This could include capturing multiple room layouts at a venue, seasonal decoration or complete refurbishments.
Why work with Perspective 3d?
Perspective 3D has provides services to many satisfied customers across the state of Michigan. We have helped hundreds of business owners, organizations, real estate professionals and home sellers to promote their services using Matterport virtual tours. Perspective 3D can enrich your tour with still photography and drone footage video which we can be provided as a part of a packaged service using our in-house photographers. A Perspective 3D tour can give your business a competitive advantage whether you are involved in real estate marketing or as a local Michigan business owner.
Are you interested in a Matterport 360 virtual tour?
As a tour creator, we can help advise you on the best way to use Matterport as a marketing platform to generate leads and engage better with your clients. Whether your goal is property marketing or showcasing your business premises we can help. Contact us by calling our sales team today to get more information about Matterport and for a personalized quote. 616-312-3947
Perspective 3-D, a Matterport Service Partner since 2015, is a Michigan based multimedia agency specializing in 3D property documentation and virtual storytelling for any industry that markets, manages, or communicates about any real world space. Services provided by Perspective 3-D are available to any company or organization world-wide.